Last Updated: September 22, 2021
SwoonCards (“us“, “we“, “our“, or “SwoonCards”) takes your privacy seriously. This page describes the types of personal information we collect from a user of our products and services, including but not limited to products and services made accessible through our websites, social media, digital events, or other technology platforms owned by us (collectively, the “SwoonCards Services”), how your personal information is used and disclosed, and the steps we take to ensure that your personal information is handled appropriately in the course of providing SwoonCards Services. Our websites and technology platforms include SwoonCards.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services and delivery of products to you and other persons. This may include managing your account and providing you with customer support, performing research and analysis about your use of, or interest in our products, services, and content, or products, services or content offered by others, communicating with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices, via our social media accounts or other technology platforms, enforcing our terms and conditions, managing our business and performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time your information is collected.
We will collect only the minimum amount of personal information required to achieve the purpose of the collection.
The types of Personal Information that we may collect about you includes:
- Contact and residency information, such as your full name, home or business address, telephone number, personal email address;
- Payment and financial information, such as billing, banking information, credit card information, or credit record information. This information may be shared with our third-party payment processors so that they can assist us with processing your payments or processing payments to you;
- Information that you submit to us through our social media pages, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest;
- The selections you make on the SwoonCards Services, including your viewing habits and interests;
- Information you voluntary submit to us, such as inquiries, complaints, answers to surveys, content, or sweepstakes entries; and
- Cookies and website Usage Data.
(collectively, the “Personal Information”)
We do not intend to collect data from anyone under the age of 16. If you believe that we have collected the Personal Information of anyone under the age of 16, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or at the address provided in the Contact Information section below.
Like most other websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, website usage, and related website information to optimize your visit to our website (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
In general, we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information about users of the SwoonCards Services and our service providers to deliver our products and services to users of the SwoonCards Services, to better understand customer needs, and to offer and deliver relevant information, products, and services to meet those needs.
We use the collected Personal Information for various purposes, such as:
- to supply you with the requested goods, products, content, or services, including the use of our online e-commerce store;
- to facilitate, fulfill, and process orders, transactions, payment returns, and account registration;
- to personalize and improve the SwoonCards Services;
- to allow our users to set up an account which can be used to access and purchase products through the SwoonCards Services;
- to send email updates, discounts, and other information, to those registered on our mailing list;
- to verify and authenticate account information;
- to verify compliance with our website terms and conditions;
- to respond to inquiries and provide customer support;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our products and services;
- to monitor the usage of our website;
- to obtain data and insights concerning viewing habits and patterns on the SwoonCards Services;
- to detect, prevent and address technical and security issues;
- to verify your identity, protect against error and fraud, and conduct investigations;
- to serve you with relevant search results;
- to serve you with advertisements on third-party websites;
- to provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- to comply with our legal obligations to you and other persons;
- to exercise our legal rights;
- for any other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- for any purposes required or authorized by law.
Your phone calls or enquiries via email may be recorded for quality assurance, training, and management purposes, and to keep a record of our commitments to you.
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we or selected third parties may use a variety of technologies that store or access information already stored on your personal computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone (each a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our website.
A few of the methods that may be used to store or access information already stored on your device include the following (and in the future, other technology and methods may be developed):
- Cookies – a cookie is a file placed on a device when a user visits a website. Cookies can be temporary (e.g. session) or permanent (e.g. persistent).
- Session Cookies – We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies – We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Analytics Cookies – We use Analytics Cookies to monitor the use of our website and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Tracking Cookies – We use Tracking Cookies to monitor your activities on our website and on other websites so that we can deliver targeted advertising based on your habits and preferences.
- Security Cookies – We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Flash cookies—a Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. This can operate across all your browsers.
- HTML5—HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage and do not require a plug-in.
- ETag or entity tag—an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resourcefound at a URL that acts as a form of device identifier.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies may also be used, such as beacons, tags, and scripts, to collect and track information and to improve functionality and performance of our website, including tailoring our website to increase the relevancy of content displayed to you.
Visitors of our websites can reset their browsers either to notify them when they have received a cookie or refuse to accept cookies. However, if a visitor refuses to accept cookies, they may not be able to use some of the features available on our website.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies some parts of our website will not work. When you revisit our website your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information at any time, subject to legal and/or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Your withdrawal of consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information may impact our ability to provide you with products and services and may impact your ability to use the SwoonCards Services. To withdraw consent, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or by using the contact information provided below in our Contact Information section.
- Transfer of Information
In some cases, your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained and processed on — computers located outside of Canada. Therefore, your Personal Information may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in those foreign jurisdictions. When we transfer your Personal Information to a third party to provide administrative, processing, or other services, we use appropriate measures to require that the party will only use your Personal Information to perform the services we specified.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that your data, including Personal Information, may be transferred to Canada and processed there or in other countries. By ordering any of our products or services, or by sending us any Personal Information, you consent to such transfers.
To obtain more information about the identity of the service providers we use who are located outside of Canada, please contact [email protected]
- Disclosure of Personal Information
Generally, we do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. However, in order to process your orders, and to provide you with services and opportunities, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, consultants, interns, and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing and administering our relationship with you, including:
- third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf;
- third parties that assist SwoonCards in the provision of services to you (such as couriers); and
- third parties whose services we use to conduct our business (such as payment processors, email services providers, and third-party CRM providers).
Additionally, in order to provide you with products or services, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to third party technology companies for the purposes of processing and storing your Personal Information.
Under certain circumstances, SwoonCards may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information to a third party in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, or as part of the negotiations leading up to such merger or acquisition. We may also disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose permitted by law or to which you consent.
We may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SwoonCards;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our products, or services;
- To protect the personal safety of our customers or the public; or
- To protect against legal liability.
- Third-Party Service Providers
To operate our website, provide our products and service, we may need to provide third-party service providers with access to your Personal Information so that they may process it on our behalf.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of some of the service providers we use.
- Analytics Services
We use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Behavioral Remarketing/Retargeting Services
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
To opt-out, Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc.
You can opt-out from Twitter’s interest-based ads by following their instructions: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405.
Instagram remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Instagram by visiting this page: https://help.instagram.com/173081309564229?helpref=related
To opt-out of Instagram’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/245100253430454
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy page: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
Pinterest is provided by Pinterest Inc.
You can learn more about advertising from Pinterest by visiting this page: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/advertising-guidelines.
Many of our products and services require payment from you. When payment is required, we use third-party services, such as payment processors, for payment processing.
Currently we use Shopify and PayPal to process payments.
Safeguards and Risks
SwoonCards uses appropriate safeguards to ensure that your Personal Information is protected against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. These include security of our physical premises, and various security safeguard software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized computer access.
While we endeavour to keep your Personal Information safe, our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information is not without risks. For example, our security safeguards may be compromised by viruses, hacking attempts, or physical break-ins. Consequently, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If your Personal Information was wrongfully accessed, there is a risk that you may suffer a harm, such as identity or credit card theft or financial loss.
Please be careful whenever sending Personal Information to us via email. Email is generally not a secure means of transferring information. We therefore cannot guarantee that this information will not be lost or used in a fraudulent manner and we encourage the use of email encryption to communicate with us.
- Access and Rectification
You have a right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information and to have it amended, as appropriate. You also have a right to request access to your Personal Information and receive an accounting of how that information has been used and disclosed, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. For example, if the requested information would reveal Personal Information about another individual, your request for access may be limited or denied.
To request access or to amend your Personal Information, please write to our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or at the address provided in our Contact Information section below.
- Links to Other Sites
- Age Restriction
We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from people under 16 years old. If we learn that Personal Information of people under 16 years old has been collected by us, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information unless we are legally required to keep it.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor under 16 years old who uses our website, then please contact us at the address below to have your child’s Personal Information deleted.
- Contact Information
Attn: SwoonCards Privacy Officer
2673 Woodbine Drive
Small Victory Bakery
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
If any complaint or inquiry is not handled to your satisfaction, you may contact:
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street
Toll free: 1.800.282.1376.
Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec
480 St. Laurent
Toll Free: 1.888.528.7741
- Terms Applicable to Persons in the European Economic Area
This Section N applies only to persons in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Legal Basis for Processing
We process (i.e. use) the personal data you provide us in contact forms, application forms, and registration forms (e.g. contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number; and payment and tax information) because, by submitting the information requested on those forms, you have sent us that personal data and authorized our processing of it.
We and our third-party service providers (such as Google Analytics) process Usage Data to provide us with information about the usage of our website and our affiliate marketing program. Consequently, the lawful basis for processing that data is that it is in our legitimate interests.
We also process your personal data where legally required. For example, we may need to process your personal data if a court orders us to do so.
Finally, we process your personal data when you have consented to that processing.
Your Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, to request its removal, or to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact us at [email protected]
Under the GDPR, you have rights related to your personal data:
- The Right to Access and Rectification – You may request a copy of your personal data free of charge and request that corrections be made to it if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure – You may require us to delete your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The Right to Object to Processing – You may object to the processing of your personal data by us.
- The Right to Restriction of Processing – You may require us to restrict or limit how we process your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The Right to Data Portability – You have the right to access and receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format.
- The Right Not to be Subject to a Decision Based Solely on Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
- The Right to Withdraw your Consent to the Collection and Processing of Your Personal Data
- The Right to Complain to an EEA data protection authority about our handling of your personal data.
The rights set out above are in summary format and are subject to limitations and exceptions as set out in the GDPR.